Sunday 5th February

Welcome to our February Blog Hop!


This month our theme is Seasonal Expression Inspiration. And there are many wonderful items that I am totally enjoying. If you have come from Michelle Karton's page then you are on the right Blog Hop.

I love the Hello Lovely paper, and now Sugar Rush. Next I shall play with Dreamin' Big and then Some Kinda Wonderful! The Workshop Your Way Kits, have made my scrapbooking so quick and easy, I really love them. But for today I decided to look at the Dreaming' Big Cardmaking Thin Cuts Bundle! 

This collection was on my list to purchase, but I was given the entire set as a reward for being top in sales for out team for the month of Deccember 2016. Oh how I love my job as being a Close To My Heart Consultant as you are rewarded with products for FREE!! So lets take a look at what I have created. These cards were inspired from pintrist and our consultant team members!


 First I cut White Daisy card stock, 2"x 5.5". Then I used some washi tape to hole the thin cut exactly where I wanted it to cut! So love washi tape for all of its uses!


Next was the fun part to stamp the large butterfly in Raspberry, Sea Glass and Pansy. 


 I decided to use the butterfly that I had cut out for the sentiment "Always be you"! I also used the gold shimmer brush around the edges, to give it a clear boarder. The last part was to put the card together!

As I was putting it together I really did not like the big butterfly underneath. So found another piece of paper and stamped the smaller butterfly! Now it looks like it is flying away! To give it a bit of depth I used glue dots to adhere the butterfly strip to the pansy card stock. Added a bit of sea glass shimmer card stock and the card came together!

Then I had another play to see what it would look like in all white. This time I used 3D tape to lift the butterflies up off the card. I used the gold foil tape and some embellishments from Sugar Rush Dots.


Next I had a play with the dragonfly stamp! Oh what fun mixing colours!


I used the Ink Blot stamp with Willow and Sapphire inks and used the same inks on the dragonfly. I inked with the sapphire first, wiped a little off the wings, then inked the wings. I then "breathed" on the stamp to re-moisten the ink!  So pleased it worked out, then used the thin cut to cut it out (with washi tape to hold it in place). So love this card as it could go for a boy or girl, for a birthday or another special occasion!


Time to create a page with this stamp set! As I was creating the cards I had many ideas for a page! First I did the black ladybug trail across the bottom. 


Then used Lemon ink to Ink Blot top left corner, then added the ladybugs in Poppy Ink. And finally used sorbet ink for the butterflies, stamping one on the butterfly punched out of the second card! (no sense on leaving it to waste away!)



Oh I so love how well this page turned out. If I need another page to match then I shall continue the ladybugs across the bottom and may add a butterfly to the other side!

The cards above will be included in my Card Buffet on Thursday 9th February at my lovely garage, at 10am or 7pm. Come and make as many cards as you like in 2 hours!


The Bunnies in this page are from Easter Bunny Stamp of the Month. This month of February there are 3 ways for you to obtain this very cute stamp. One is to purchase it out right for $27, next you can purchase it for $7.50 when you spend $75 or more on any other Close To My Heart products or you can get it for FREE! Yes FREE!  When you become a consultant, this month only, you can receive this stamp set, PLUS the next 2 (March and April) Stamp of the Months for free. So what are you waiting for? Come and join our very friendly team and start earning products for free and an income!

Hope you have enjoyed todays Blog and for some more great ideas please hop on over to Alison Dunn's page to see her amazing ideas.

Happy Scrapping,

Cindy




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July Stamp Of The Month