April Blog Hop: Inspired by Pinterest


If you have arrived here from Kerry's Blog then you are on the right track for our wonderful little Blog Hop. This way you can "hop" from one blog to another, with a few clicks to gain an abundance of ideas!

Have you been to Pinterest? It has many different ideas on all sorts of topics. This time I typed in double page, scrapbook layout, templates. When the search was completed, I randomly scrolled down to find this sketch. 

I really love this sketch, as I think it would be a great way to use up some of my old paper with some of my current paper!  Although this sketch has a christmas theme, I am going to use is for something completely different! This sketch was created by Sussan Stringfellow. 


When I first saw the sketch I was thinking it would be great to use lots of different shades of blue. But then I went to find some photos and changed my mind. Blue, green, purple and neutral seemed to work the best. As I don't have the measurements, I had fun estimating the size of each piece of paper! 


I really love how this sketch has the direction of the banners to going vertically on the left and horizontal on the right. It really makes it a little bit more interesting. 


Once the papers were in place I then need to create some sort of interest line across the two pages! One layer of ribbon was just not effective enough for me. So I used the black/gold ribbon, then thick twine finishing with green ribbon! I just worked it across both pages and then cut it in the middle! Oh what fun I had adding some texture to the page. 



Next I added the little sub title, journalling box and photo boxes. Time to play again, with some embellishments which came from a variety of different packets. It is fun to cluster them together, and even one star on top of another one. You can also see how the ribbon was cut and I did try to fray the end of the twine. 


Here is my final double page minus the photos. (still need to print them) I do really love how these pages turned out. Hopefully latter this week I shall have the photos and upload the final pages!

For some more wonderful ideas how about you hop on over to Alison's Page.


Happy Scrapping,

Cindy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July Stamp Of The Month