Mother's Day April Blog Hop

April Blog Hop

"Mothers Day"

Welcome to my April Blog Hop with the theme of "Mother's Day" The great part of Blog Hops is that you can gain a lot of different ideas with just a few clicks!!  If you have come from Julie's Blog then you are on the right track. 

Mother's Day means so many things to so many people. To be truthful this is a little hard for me to write about Mother's Day, since my mother ended her life a number of years ago at age 79.  But life does go on and we still do our Mother's Day Traditions. My children also love to shower me with gifts, (really early in the morning) and then serve me pancakes for breakfast. Afternoon Tea is when the fine china comes out and we share it with my lovely (92 year old) mother in law and my father. 

So what did my creative juices create for today?? I was inspired by a card I saw on pinterest. Then I just changed it a little to suit the colours that my mother in law likes.



Can you guess from the above items what the finished card is like?? Once I picked my colours of Peacock and Crystal Blue, then it was a matter of choosing my flower stamp (from Sangria Workshop on the Go), the words (from Happy to be Friends), the butterfly (from Your Own Kind of Wonderful) and last but not least the Embossing Folder - stripe.  Then the fun began.



First was the Crystal Blue card stock, scrapped the edges with Peacock ink. Pressed the colonial white card stock through the stripe embossing folder.


The next layer down was the strip with the "Happy Mother's Day" saying on it. As the base was lumpy I used our Glue Dots as they are flexible on uneven surfaces. Peacock ink was used for the stamping and scrapping the edges of the crystal blue card stock. As you can see this was place around an inch from the bottom of the card.


Oh I had so much fun stamping randomly with this flower stamp. I did the crystal blue first then the peacock. I really love the freedom you have with random stamping. As with the previous strip I used glue dots and peacock ink on the edges.


And the final touch was to put the butterfly on!! It was stamped with peacock in on colonial white card stock. I fussy cut around the butterfly and then bent the wings up to make it fly. It is attached with glue dots that I rolled into a line and place under the body of the butterfly.  

This card has been lots of fun to create and can be used with any colours the recipient would like and with any saying. To continue on the blog hop and gain more Mother's Day ideas, feel free to visit Wendy's Blog.

 If you would like to create this card if will be at my card buffet on Friday 8th or Saturday 9th April.  And to raise some money for Operation Smile it will be available at our May Maddness Crop at Village Green on Sunday 1st May. Please contact me if you would like to attend either of these events.

Hope you enjoyed this blog hop and look forward to seeing you soon.

Happy Scrapping,

Cindy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July Stamp Of The Month