Welcome to June's Close To My Heart, Blog Hop. This month we are looking at the Winter theme....


If you have come here from Julie Morrison's Blog page then you are on the right Blog Hop. Winter is definitely here with lots of cold and wet days. I wonder what does Winter mean to you. For our family it means watching footy, roasting marshmallows on our open fire, Hockey games, seeing free fireworks in at Docklands and having fun with wet weather days at school.  Sometimes we go to the snow, sometimes we stay in the city, and sometimes it is a chance to do things around the home.
Out of all the things we do in Winter, I have chosen some Auskick photos. Tim has played footy with Auskick for 6 years and this is our first winter without it. So I am walking down memory lane with some footy photos from last year. (And I am working on last years family album so it does fit nicely!) 
These pages have been inspired by fellow CTMH consultants Wendy Potts and Danni Edwards. They were looking at Tints and Tones. That is mixing and matching similar coloured papers together to create a page layout. So I combined this idea with our footy photos:
I really enjoyed creating these pages as my lovely husband also helped. Great to have his input into pages that involve him, rather than him just journalling. We decided to keep the layout simple with a number of strips at various widths, depending on the scraps I had left over. 
I do like to balance my pages so made sure we had the same strips for both pages. It was great to use up some scraps and even find some whole pages that I had completely forgotten about. I started at the bottom to attach them. When it came to the second page I again started at the bottom but also pulled the first page along side so as to match it.
As I was busy with he strips my lovely husband was busy mounting the photos. I do like to mount them when using busy patterns, as this then brings the focus back onto the photos.
Next was the title, which I used the Artbooking circuit cartridge to cut these individual letters and then the "football". The Bonding Memories Glue Pen was used to stick them to the page as this is a quick and easy way to stick the letters down. 

Final steps included some journalling as this was the Kids against Dads game for Father's Day. And some embellishments to lift the page. Wow a quick and easy couple of pages and now I have used up some of my old papers. Think I shall do this a little more often!
Thank you for having a look at my Winter Blog Hop Page, I do hope you enjoyed it. If you would like to comment below about what you like about Winter it would be great to see the variety of things people enjoy during this cold season. And next is Michelle Karton's wonderful post on Winter.

Happy Scrapping,  Cindy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July Stamp Of The Month